- This event has passed.
Scripts & Scribes March 2020 Meeting
March 10, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Spokane Calligraphy Guild, Scripts & Scribes, meets the second Tuesday of each month September through June. We meet in a classroom at Spokane Art Supply Come to socialize, share examples of your calligraphic work, shop for art supplies, attend a short business meeting, and participate in an evening program that involves lettering and learning new techniques related to calligraphy. Members pay annual dues to support various projects.
Dear Members of Scripts & Scribes,
As the saying goes, it’s deja vu all over again—except (we hope) the winter weather! We are having a second “go” at Adonna’s brush marker lettering program, since were iced-out of the January program on this topic. Adonna Deibel was a calligrapher for American Greetings and now has her own business called Old Barn Rescue. Her vinyl lettering and other creations are available online at http://oldbarnrescue.com/wall-decals/. Consider visiting her site just to see examples of her beautiful pointed brush lettering. See below for information about this month’s Scripts & Scribes Program.
Our business meeting will focus on clarifying questions and plans for the Folded Pen workshop with Carol DuBosch on March 27 & 28. Also, we will take stock of what is planned for the remainder of the year, including nomination and election of officers.
Bring items for Show & Share and plan to share items for our ongoing art exchanges.
Yours from A to Z,
Brush Marker Modern Calligraphy
Instructor: Adonna Deibel
Please bring the following supplies:
- Tombow dual tipped brush pens (markers)—many colors and sets available at Spokane Art Supply (single pens are about $3.19 each and set of 3 are about $9.99)
- Buy, bring or borrow a SUPER light gray—N95 Tombow is a good choice
- Buy, bring or borrow 2-3 other Tombow colors that blend (e.g. it’s hard to blend black or really dark colors)
- Gel pen—white (Uniball is a good brand) or silver
- Thin, black, permanent marker (Micron is a good brand and 05 is a good size)
- Very very optional: Rhodia dot paper, only if you have it
Adonna will provide the following:
- Guide “lines”
- Some pens for you to borrow or try out